Veronica Kitty Star

A place where Holly and Leslie can work out their Mark Hoppus infatuations and where Josey can come to terms that Tom Cruise is koo-koo-bananas.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Books...

Books I'd recommend...
Wicked: Awesome prequil to The Wizard of Oz, plus it's THICK!
Sippy Cups are not For Chardonney: Super funny take on motherhood, written by a woman comedian, very fast read.
Forever (by Judy Bloom): Ok, haven't read this one in YEARS, but I seem to remember that YOU could stand to read this one again...:) I just visited Judy Blooms Web Page...she's not at all what I pictured!!! Plus she's written a ton more books that I've never heard of. Weird.
Microserfs: SOOOOOOOOO funny. Written by Douglas Coupland. It's fairly geeky about a bunch of people working on the Microsoft campus in the 90's...you'd love this book Hol.
Anything by Augusten Burroughs: I LOVED; Running with Scissors (about his crazy childhood (DON'T rent the movie...it was AWFUL!), Possible Side Effects (so funny, little essays, reads fast), Sellivision(I'm currently reading this one...about the home shopping network). Seriously, he is so flipping funny!
Ok...anyone else?