The side of SC I'd forgotten (convieniently)
So, yesterday at the Garden Mall, Eric and I were lucky enough to witness two guys start a full out fight (within about 10 feet of us). It appeared that a young skinhead was attempting to kill a bum for some reason. Right before the police got there, the bum smashed the skinheads' head into the asphalt (a sound I'll not soon forget) and blood went everywhere. GROSS! And this was all after we were asked to spare some change to about half of Santa Cruz. Including; 1 obviously pregnant lady begging for money so that she could eat, 1 skin head asking us for "a quarter for disorder", and plenty of others. NOT a good day at the mall...depressing!
Then, I came across this add on craigslist...
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/459922780.html
I'd forgot that SC has a very seedy underbelly...for all the beauty here, there are some rough elements...some shady youth. We'll have some explaining to do to Wy at some point. "No Wy, that man's not talking to anyone in particular, he's just tweaking and seeing things, how about we cross the street?"
<< Home