Veronica Kitty Star

A place where Holly and Leslie can work out their Mark Hoppus infatuations and where Josey can come to terms that Tom Cruise is koo-koo-bananas.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I love fall but HATE Fresno!

So, me and my family headed out to Fresno to visit Michelle, Ava and their family and to see their new home yesterday. Anyway, for those that don't know my history with visiting Michelle, let me re-hash:

Visit no. 1: Ava's 2nd bday party. Total stay time in Fresno = 1.5 hours. Wylie completely FREAKED out at the party...screaming, crying until I started crying! We stayed for about 1 hour then left for home. (Fresno = 3 hours driving each way).

Visit no. 2: Michelle's baby shower. Total stay time in Fresno = 2.5 hours. I helped organize and in my haste to get there and get things set up, I drank 1 venti soy latte, no food and then pounded 4-5 glasses of iced tea (to help with the 110 degree heat. During the shower, I began to get super dizzy...tried to drive home and thought I was going to pass out. Pulled off at the Los Banos ER...stayed 4 hours, found out I was severely dehydrated and cost me $2300 in the end.

Visit no. 3: Weekend at Michelle's new house. Total stay time in Fresno = .5 hours (plus 4 hours in the ER!). So we leave our house yesterday at 8:30 and get to Michelle's house at about 11:30. They give us the grand tour (nice house!) and then we all decide to walk the kids to the local park. We get to the park and within about 15 minutes, a game of chase begins. Wylie runs towards a little puddle of water on the cement...slips, falls and his head hits pavement twice...HARD. Eric runs and picks him up. No crying, eyes open, and then his whole body kind of jerks twice in an unnatural way. Still no crying. Also, no blood. Finally, he jerks again and starts crying. Long story short, he'd passed out and had a small seizure. In the ER, we waited 2 hours to see a doctor due to the masked H1N1 sick-o's. In the end, Wy's totally fine. We left the ER, picked our stuff up at Michelle's and headed home.

F-Fresno!