Ok, I love my kid and all, but sometimes I just don't "get" him. Tonight, his preschool had a "date night" fundraiser where kids and their siblings could be dropped off from 5:30-10:30pm. So, we paid for Wy to go and were planning a date night (except I'm sick, so we were going to stay in and enjoy the silence). Anyway, Eric took him there and apparently it was a mad house with a bunch of older kids running around and Wy wouldn't leave Eric's lap. Wy wanted to wait for his best friend Jacob so Eric stayed there for 1/2 hour then when Jacob finally came he was with his older sister and Wy started crying? WTF? So then Jacob started crying because Eric took Wylie home. LAME! How come only my kid can't handle these types of situations? I'm panicked about all the things he's going to miss out in life. Eric says that he was the same way, which does make me feel better, but still... Were we too cautious with him? Too "safe"? Did we not introduce him to enough different situations? And the blame game goes on and on and on... It was probably all the f-ing Diet Pepsi's I drank while pregnant.
I guess I just imagined having one of those kids who could talk to adults and that liked people (aka. Brandon sitting in the shopping cart asking anyone who passed, "do you have a kid my age I could play with?")
Help! K, I'm PMS'ing, have a cold and am 2+ days behind at work, hence the doom and gloom...sorry!
<< Home